[powerpress]In this week’s episode we sit down with Jim and Cindy Wigdahl. Jim and Cindy have been friends for over 30 years, but have only been married for 4 or 5 years. Their story is amazing and sad and full of hope all at the same time. It will open your heart. I hope you love it.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- What it's like to marry your friend of 30 years after not seeing them in nearly 2 decades.
- Jim explains what it's like to be single till your mid-50's... and be happy about it.
- The feeling of peace that results when you choose to be with someone.
- The importance of your community supporting your relationship.
- What it's like to have a short engagement, and end up really courting and getting to know each other after marriage.
- Jim discusses how his concept of God has changed and grown since he has been married.
Favorite quotes from this episode:
"Don't ultimately hesitate to give your life away. Don't hesitate to release the thing that you cling to, because you will find that it will move into a better thing. And you will find yourself more fortunate because of it." -Jim Wigdahl
"Marriage will break you. It will destroy you. And that's a good thing. Because it will then put you together in a way that is richer, and deeper, and you will be more alive than you ever thought you could be." -Jim Wigdahl
[jbox title="Show Notes:" border="5" radius="15"] If you love the smooth and sultry sounds of Jim's voice, you can check out his voice talent website here. Leave your thoughts about this interview in the comments!