Episode #52 - The Tao of Dating with Dr. Ali Binazir
[powerpress]On this week’s episode, Melissa and I sit down with Dr. Ali Binazir, author of The Tao of Dating: The Smart Woman's Guide to Being Absolutely Irresistible and several other books. He's a super insightful guy, and we cover a lot of different topics in this interview including:
- The 5 Principles of the Tao of Dating
- The Principle of Abundance Don't think scarcity
- Be. Do. Have. Be the kind of person. Do the kind of things. Have what you want.
- Enlightened Self-Interest Good decision making = The decision that serves the most amount of people for the longest amount of time. How do you fill your life with the things and people that will have positive long-term effects on you.
- Yin Yang You must have polarity in your relationships. Masculine and feminine. Giving and receiving. Different roles are essential to a dynamic relationship.
- Get Out of Your Own Way Often times the only thing standing in the way of what you want is you.
- The power women have to bring light into a relationship, act as a goddess, and inspire men.
- By mentally wishing happiness upon others, you can completely change your neurology. "May you be happy."
- The gift of appreciation and gratitude will make others feel valued and give you power in your relationships.
- The men determine the direction of the relationship. The women determine the depth.
- How meditation will transform your life and your relationships. "Bring your mind back from distraction."
- The destructive notion of Soulmates.
- A great way to tell whether or not you're a good fit for the person you're with is to notice what kind of person you become when you're around the other person.
- The Magic Question - What's important to you about that?
- We also reference Gary Chapman in this interview. You can find his interview here.
Remember that in life, everything that you want is outside of your comfort zone. Because if something is inside your comfort zone, it's either something you already have or something so trivial as to be undesirable: you don't want something you already have. So in order to get what you want but don't yet have, you have no choice but to venture outside of your comfort zone. -Dr. Ali Binazir
[jbox title="Show Notes:" border="5" radius="15"] [/jbox]